On our website we offer a variety of finding aids:
- Abbreviations used in the online catalogues
- List of the French/German toponyms
- The names of the bishops of the Basel Diocese
- A glossary
- Diverse lists (censuses according to localities, parishes of the diocese etc.)
- Diverse guidelines (research on the history of the parishes, overview of the genealogical sources in the AAEB etc.)
German and French may exist next to each other in the same inventories.
Nor must the language of a certain inventory coincide with that of the collection or collections concerned.
If looking for the name of a person or locality with both language varieties, it is therefore
necessary to search in both languages (please consult the lists mentioned under Finding Aids).